The Washington State Grange News began in 1890 as the Pacific Rural Press of California, becoming Pacific Northwest Farmer in 1892. In 1905, State Lecturer A.A. Kelly issued a four-page monthly
bulletin dedicated to the State Grange. The Oregon State Grange proposed a joint effort, resulting in the Pacific Grange Bulletin, an eight page monthly that ran for four years and grew to 16 pages.
The Agricultural Grange News was launched in 1912, with Fred W. Lewis as editor. In 1927, the title was changed to Grange News. The paper went through various publication schedules, becoming monthly
in 1980. The publication continues to report on the goings-on of Subordinate, Pomona, State and National Granges, as well as reporting on issues important to our membership. Two other publications,
The Legislative Handbook and The Program Handbook (which went to Web only distribution in 2009) detail the Grange's legislative priorities and policies and the Grange's many programs,
contests and the like.
Source: Washington Grangers Celebrate a Century by Gus Norwood, 1988